Committees at Temple Beth David
In a comfortable open environment you can quickly become an active participant in the workings of our temple. Your involvement on our committees is encouraged. There is a place for everyone!!
· Religious School Committee: Seek out advice and comment from interested parents for the guidance and improvement of our schools.
· Connections Committee: This group promotes the temple throughout the community and informs and welcomes prospective members to Temple Beth David.
· Adult Education: A wide range of study opportunities is taught by our Clergy. Lay leaders, and visiting scholars. Day and evening classes include Adult Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Torah study and classes on selected Jewish topics.
· Caring: The dedicated group of our Temple members who offer support and comfort during times of bereavement, illness and need.
· Hakol: Our monthly literary publication keeps our Temple family up-to-date on upcoming events and Temple happenings.
· Religious Practices: The Religious Practices Committee meets in conjunction with our clergy to make recommendations regarding rituals and worship practices based upon the minhagim, customs, of Temple Beth David, Reform worship, and our Jewish Religious traditions.
· Ways and Means: Creates fund-raising and social activities for the benefit of the congregation. Ways and Means run our annual Golf Outing and sponsors special nights, such as Comedy Night.
· Minyan Committee: To augment the services provided by our Clergy in those times of need, the volunteers of the Minyan committee conducts services for our members at Shiva houses in the area.
· Cemetery Committee: In order to serve the needs of our members, the Temple has acquired an area at New Montifiore Cemetery. The committee provides the service of offering these reduced cost cemetery plots to the congregation.